Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Obsessed

"I enjoyed my work but something was missing. I didn't feel the same level of intellectual excitement that I had in college. I had lost contact with my obsession. I began to recognize the importance of having obsessions."
Mitchel Resnick in his essay Stars for th book "Evocative Objects Things We Think With"

I think obsessions are extremely important, that's why I'm building this blog, and website, to help myself become curious, creative, and obsessed with design again. But the problem with obsessions is that they are so easy to lose when we "grow up" and start working in the real world. Part of the reason we become obsessed is because we want to learn a lot about a specific topic, and frankly, once we get into a field we know enough not to need to be curious anymore.

No comments: