Monday, September 10, 2007

Catching the Train

I bet you that one of the hardest parts of being a tram-driver is deciding whether to wait and open the door for that person who is running with all their might to catch the train. You have the power to make or break that person's day. But I bet this is quite a rewarding part as well. I was running for the train about a week ago, already running late, and practically missing the train that was actually 40 minutes later than the one I should have been on. I ran pathetically, but with all my might in my heels that flip off my feet. But once I realized that the driver was waiting for me I was so happy, I wanted to knock on his door and thank him personally (but I decided not to cause there's a sign on the driver's door that says you shouldn't disturb). But I bet the look of joy and surprise on my face was enough of a reward for the driver.

Today again I was waiting for the train, and one (that wasn't mine) pulled into the train station, a few seconds later I saw a girl running down the stairs, hoping to catch the train, even though all the doors were already closed. But the driver opened the frontmost door, and the look on her face was priceless. I gotta catch this event on film.

No comments: