Sunday, October 7, 2007

Lasting Creation

I just finished a publication for the organization I work for, which I am quite proud of (I will post pics soon) but I can't help but think of the timeline that this publication will have. It is clear that within 10 years some copies of the publication will still exist (since it is an 8 year plan) But after that given time point how many will survive (it will only be a print run of 3500 copies). When will the last copy of this publication be thrown away? How long will it last.

Because, just as this publication was a matter of need, it wasn't something I put a whole lot of heart into, but in a way I did. I spent months working on it (mostly because of numerous tedious changes from the administration), it's not revolutionary or new in the world of design, but in the world of IHDP it is something great and new. And it's undeniable that this publication was there, and followed my thoughts for a long time.

How long will that last, will something change when the last is thrown away, and begins it's process of decomposition in the landfill?

No comments: